- Born and raised in Southern California. I have 4 brothers on 1 sister.
- Served in the United States Air Force as a Firefighter from 1977 to 1981. Was station in Minot ND, Galena, AK, and Edwards AFB, CA.
- Received BA degree in Geography from California State University, Los Angeles, 1986.
- Lived in Las Vegas, Nevada from 1989-1991. Worked as a Cartographer and Aerial Photographer.
- Moved to east Tennessee in 1992.
- Member of the Tennessee Air National Guard from 1994 to 1999.
- Worked for the Public Building Authority as a Safety Officer and Communications Officer since 1996.
- Received MS degree in Safety Management from the University of Tennessee, 2005.
- Currently live in Fountain City with my wife Sue. I have one son, Dillon who lives in Farragut, Tennessee.
Martial Arts Experience
- Earned 2nd Dan Black Belt from Broadway Family Karate, Nov 14, 2009
- Competed in Kentucky Qualifier Point Sparring, 2008
- Attended Karate College from 2009 to 2011.
- Competed in the Georgia Qualifier, Point Sparring (3rd Place, and Patterns, 1st Place, 2010
- Red Cross CPR/AED Instructor for my organization.
- Instructor Trainee at Broadway Family Karate 2009 to 2010.
- Certified Instructor at Broadway Family Karate since October 2010.
Why do you teach?
- To challenge myself.
- To be a positive influence on the lives of my students.
- To improve my interpersonal skills.
- To improve my Taekwondo skills.
How do you use your martial arts training in your own life?
- As a way to maintain discipline.
- For exercise.
- To improve my mental focus.
- To grow as a person
What got you started studying the martial arts?
- I joined Broadway Family Karate soon after my son joined.
- I saw martial arts as a way to improve my physical and mental health.
- I saw it as a challenge.
- To learn self defense.