We will start off our discussion of Leadership during our lessons this week by talking about a set of basic Leadership skills that we can identify and develop. Our in-class discussion lesson for this week follows below:
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” — John C. Maxwell (author)
Leadership: be the kind of leader that you would want to follow.
Leadership is an important skill that we can learn. It helps us to bring out the best in ourselves, and in others. We have the opportunity to practice leadership skills every day — in school, in our karate lessons, at home and with our friends. Some of these skills are:
- Good at listening
- Proactive — gets things done
- Honest — deals with others with integrity
- How can you use just one of these Leadership skills every day?
- Can you think of someone you know who uses some of these Leadership skills?
- Which of these Leadership skills do you think is the most important? Why?
Please share your answers to these questions, and your thoughts about Leadership, with our school community by using the form below.