During our lessons this week, we will talk about 5 simple ways we can help be an Inspiration to our friends and peers. Our in-class discussion lesson for this week follows below:
“The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself to be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud.” — Maya Angelou (poet)
Inspiration: how to inspire others to be their best.
- Be a good example. People, friends and peers watch what we do more than they listen to what they say.
- Care about others. Other people don’t care about what we know until they know how much we care. Take a genuine interest in other people, and ask questions.
- Encourage. When we support our friends and peers, and encourage them through difficulties and tough times, we inspire them to see the best in themselves, and in the situation.
- Be inspired ourselves. Look for people, ideas, environments and knowledge that you find inspiring and motivating.
- Tell stories. Stories catch our imaginations, and inspire us too. We all learn something best from listening to inspiring stories.
- What do your peers do that inspires you?
- How can you encourage someone else?
- What is one story you have heard or read that really inspires you?
Please share your answers to these questions, and your thoughts about Inspiration, with our school community by using the form below.